Today, we’re excited to introduce you to YC’s 30th batch.
To keep the community safe, we’re hosting YC W20 Demo Day online. While the Demo Day website is only accessible to investors, you can see a list of the companies that are presenting on-the-record here.
You can also read about the companies in TechCrunch here, here, here and here.
Below are some stats about the YC Winter 2020 batch:
Total companies presenting: 197
Countries represented: 32 countries are represented in the W20 batch
Female founders: 20.9% of the companies have a female founder, 11.3% of the W20 founders are women
Black founders: 8.6% of W20 companies have a Black founder; 7.6% of the W20 founders are Black
Latinx founders: 9.0% of W20 companies have a Latinx founder; 8.9% of the W20 founders are Latinx
Some of the themes we’ve seen in this batch:
– Startups revamping traditional industries
– Housing and sustainability
– Healthcare and biotech
– Applications of AI
– Hardware Financial services, including financing and fintech
– Future of Work, including edtech, recruiting, employee benefits, and productivity tools
– Startups serving businesses, including business management software, tech-enabled services, marketing, and supply chain
– Data and developer tools, including tools for non-technical workers
– Consumer, including parenting tools
Sign up for weekly updates from Y Combinator.